Capt. Don's Retirement

Capt. Don's Retirement

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Family War Hero







George H. Mallon
The annual Bolder Boulder 10K race will be run through town on Memorial Day, May 28, 2012. This year, as I have done a number of times in the past, I will be participating. In addition to your numbered bib, which you wear pinned to the front of your shirt, you are given the option of placing another treated sheet of paper on your back with the information about some person “I’m running in honor of………” This year I will be honoring my great-uncle, George H. Mallon. He was the brother of my Grandmother Isabela and distinguished himself in France in World War I. Below see his story which I believe was clipped out of a magazine. And HERE also is an article written January 20, 2017 in the New Ulm, MN The Journal by historian Steven Chicoine about the life of George Mallon.

2012 Bolder Boulder 10K Memorial Day

No comments:

Post a Comment